Highlights from Notices by Xiamen Headquarters for Coronavirus Infection Control
The following are the main points to observe from Notice 1-5 by Xiamen Headquarters for Coronavirus Infection Control:
1. The policy is in effect that governments and departments at different levels in Xiamen identify, report and manage people to or return to Xiamen from Wuhan and the province of Hubei since January 12, 2020.
2. Citizens should enhance self-protection awareness and action. Avoid unnecessary going out, avoid crowded public areas in particular.Wear masks when going out to minimize the risk of respiratory infections. We will strive to ensure the supply of masks through active and effective procurement.
3. Anyone having fever, cough or like symptoms should wear masks and see the doctor at the designated hospitals promptly.
4. Patients with confirmed novel coronavirus infection will be treated in isolated ward in the designated hospital as is required by relevant regulations, and people having close contacts with the patients must have a 14-day centralized medical observation.
5. Perform strict disinfecting and sterilizing important transportation hubs of airports, railway stations, bus stations and ferry terminals, and monitor the temperature of all passengers using the transportation facilities there.
6. Passengers using subways, buses, BRT, ferries or taxis (ride-hailing included) must wear masks throughout the ride. Those who do not wear masks are not allowed to ride.
7. Close all performing art venues, entertainment venues, cinemas and Internet cafes in Xiamen temporarily.
8. Stop the mass sporting events and amateur training activities in Xiamen, temporarily close all the commercial indoor sports businesses like gyms, swimming pools, health clubs, and close to the public the stadiums and sports facilities of schools and universities temporarily.
9. Close all parks and scenic spots in Xiamen and Xiamen Footpaths temporarily.
10. All shopping malls and supermarkets in Xiamen must implement the sterilization, cleaning and disinfection in strict accordance with the regulated operations, employees and customers must wear masks and have their temperature monitored when entering these places.
11. Suspend in Xiamen all mass gathering activities of garden parties/tours, lantern fairs, temple fairs, flower fairs, market fairs, folk rituals/ceremonies, cultural performances, mass banquets and the like.
12. Close all outdoor amusement venues and public hot spring business temporarily.