XMUT Notice on Novel Coronavirus Infection Prevention and Control No.1
Xiamen University of Technology
January 27, 2020
To ensure effective new coronavirus infection prevention and control to protect the health and safety of XMUT people, students and faculty of this university should make joint efforts to practice the preventive measures in a responsible manner.
1. Abide by the requirements of the educational authorities and XMUT, and pay close attention to the notices on preventive measures and school start date as well as return date.
2. The winter plan 2019 for early return student to XMUT is canceled. Students are prohibited from returning to the campus before the not-yet-announced new date for registering for the new semester unless otherwise approved. Early-return students must stay in XMUT Residence of Separation for a14-day medical observation.
3. Faculty members without a justified need must not enter the campus before the new semester starts, except the staff responsible for infection prevention and control, day-to-day maintenance or emergency handling, who are to wear masks throughout their duty performance in campus.
4. Students and faculty members who will return from Hubei Province or have recently been to Hubei or have had recent close contact with people from Hubei and other epidemic-affected areas, please make a 14-day medical observation at home isolated from any social activities before returning to XMUT, and return to XMUT only when you are healthy and well.
5. To minimize the risk of respiratory infections, do not go out or use public transportation unless absolutely necessary, avoid crowded public areas or unnecessary gatherings, and wear masks when going out.
6. Cooperate in the temperature monitoring, health checkup, information questioning and other relevant infection prevention and control supervision activities by organizations concerned elsewhere and in XMUT.
7. Pay close attention to your physical health. If you have a temperature of 37.3 ℃ or higher, or if you have a cough, chest tightness, fatigue or other symptoms of respiratory infection, you should 1) wear a mask instantly, 2) see a doctor at the fever department in the closest hospital designated, 3) respond positively to the disease tracking and investigation by the local disease control department, and 4) report your symptoms to the counselor (for students) or the school administration (for teachers) in a timely manner.
8. Do not believe or share rumors, or post or spread unreliable information in Weibo, WeChat groups or WeChat Moments.
Students and faculty members should make joint efforts to combat coronavirus through sound scientific practice of infection prevention and control and win the fight against epidemic.